The Department of Federal Programs is committed to providing efficient communication, accessible services, and comprehensive support to meet the diverse needs of students.
Gonzales ISD Federal Programs Department administers and manages Title I Part A, Title II Part A, Title III Part A, Carl Perkins, and Rural & Low Income Grants for school use.
Gonzales ISD is currently managers of ESSER III and ESSER II due to COVID Relief Act.
TCLAS Grant is a competative grant that will potentionally provide support to school districts in the efforts to support House Bill 4545.
The grant allows districts to choose from 10 areas of interest. Not all areas have to be utilized.
1. Accelerated Leraning Strategic Planning - provides personal to support the development of research-backed learning acceleration strategies and multi-year strategic planning
2. High-Quality Instructional Materials - Materials for day to day instruction
3. High-Quality Supplemental Instructional Materials - Materials for RtI or interventions
4. Teacher Recruitment Support
5. Residency Program Support
6. Vetted Texas Tutor COrps Tutoring Supports - provides staff and resources for online interventions
7. School Day/Calendar Redesign - funding to increase the number of days on the Academic School Calendar
8. Strong Summer Program - funds to provide evidence-based supports for summer learning programs
9. P-TECH - funds to create a campus for Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH)
10. New School Model - funds to establish new school models that are comprehensive and bold approaches to learning
GISD has completed the requirements for ESSER III COVID Relief Grant. The learning loss guide on how the funds will be utilized can be accessed at the link below.
The time line of events can be viewed at the link below.
The summary of funds can be viewed at the link below.
Additonal reviews and updates will be held every 6 months to ensure the funds are being utilized to best serve our students.
1615 St. Louis
Gonzales, TX 78629