Food Allergies

  • allergies
    Any student who has a history of food allergies should obtain a written note of such from their healthcare provider (HCP). The nurse, principal, and/or food service director will consult with the student and/or parent on an individual basis as to the best procedure for that student to follow.
    GISD does provide a specific form that the student’s HCP must complete and return to the school nurse at your child’s campus or to the district food service director. Food allergy forms are available on the Health Service website under “Forms” or you may contact the GISD Food Services Department at (830) 672-7508.
    An updated form is required each school year.