- Any person experiencing fever of 100.0°F or higher or who is feeling ill with COVID-19 symptoms, should not come to school and should contact their health care provider for guidance.
- Any person who has had close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 should remain at home. Note: *Close contact is defined as being directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g., being coughed on); or within 3 feet for a prolonged period.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Feeling feverish or having a measured temperature of 100.0°F or more
- Uncontrolled cough with difficulty breathing (or, for students with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore throat
- Vomiting or nausea
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
*Gonzales ISD will use guidance from TEA, CDC and local as well as state health officials in determining actions to take against COVID-19.